Overpriced and overcrowded: rail commuting under the Tories has become The Daily Squeeze.
Worcester Labour Party were out in force on Tuesday 3rd January as part of our Rail Campaign Day. We were explaining how the privatised railway has failed and Labour’s plans to improve this vital infrastructure.
UK rail fares are 5 times the European average*
- Fares up 3.1% this January (36% since 2010)
- Trains carrying twice the number of passengers they are designed to
- Punctuality at a 13-year low
- One in seven trains were delayed by at least five minutes in the past 12 months
- Over £1bn has been paid in dividends to shareholders in private rail companies
Labour would bring our railways into public ownership, this will mean:
- Capped fares
- Better, more reliable services
- Investment in our railways
How do you feel about rail travel? How have you been affected by fare rises? Please share your experiences with us.
Email Chris, Website and Social Media Co-ordinator Worcester CLP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/rail-train-fare-rise-2019/